Bienvenido!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pinky

Hola!
Ok first things first. The most exciting thing that happened this week is that I dislocated my pinky playing basketball like on Friday! It's making typing this email a bit more difficult, but it's not as bad as trying to write. I'm not sure how it happened, but I think a kid named Elder Harris hit the ball into my pinky. It felt just like a normal finger jam, but then I looked at my right pinky and it was all crooked and bent at a 45 degree angle to the right. So the I went to the MTC health center and a doctor there twisted my finger back into place, which hurt some but not really. It's not a big deal, mostly it's just annoying cuz the doctor said that I can't play basketball for the next 3 weeks, whereas another Elder in my district sprained his ankle and sprains heal pretty fast, so like 5 days later, he's playing basketball now as if nothing happened! Anyway, it was pretty cool though cuz they told me I had to get an X-ray at the BYU health center, which meant that my companion, Elder Weekly, and I got to LEAVE THE MTC!!! We were in our gym clothes already, so we just ran there and got the X-rays. And while we were running back, I lost my name tag, so we ran back to the health center looking for it, and then ran back to the MTC and we couldn't find it, but we were glad because we got to run outside and experience the real world for a bit! It was a good bonding experience, and Elder Weekly was grateful cuz he ran cross country and track like me, so he also likes to run. And as we were walking back to our room after that incident, we were behind a guy and he turned around and stared at us as if he had just heard the whisperings of the spirit and asked me, "Are you Elder Bogdan?" He had found my name tag and taken it to the front desk. Chevere! Also something cool, I saw the actor who plays the dad in the movie The Testaments and also the dad in the Joseph Smith Movie. This week, I have gotten to role play teaching the first lesson a decent amount of times and my Spanish is getting better! I can introduce myself, get to know people, and teach a little bit of the first lesson in Spanish. My and my companion are able to feel the Spirit strongly when we teach, and we are able to feel God's love even for these "pretend investigators". I'm still way tired everyday, but I can proudly say that I have not wasted any of my time here by taking a nap!
-Elder Bogdan

No comments:

Post a Comment