Bienvenido!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Jesus es mi Luz

Hola familia! Gracias por todos sus cartas! No tengo much teimpo para escribirles, pero todavia les amo mucho!
 
First off, Happy Black History Month! Second, this week I heard so many good talks from church/MTC leaders! Kevin R. Duncan talked to us about how missionaries are bridge-builders, creating bridges that connect people to Christ. And the cool thing is that these bridges last for eternity! Not only will the ppl I teach cross the bridges I build, but all the posterity for many generations to come! I also listened to a talk by Pres. Bednar online and it was THE MOST POWERFUL talk I've heard him give! it was about recognizing the Spirit and how oftentimes, if we are doing what's right, we will do things to help others and not even know why we are doing those certain things, but it is the Lord using us as an instrument in his Hands. We may not even realize that it was a spiritual prompting, but as we look back on the incident in future yrs, we'll realize that it was a prompting and that it led to much good!
 
So this week my companion and I taught a teacher who was pretending to be an investigator, and it was really difficult because he didn't speak or understand any English, but we are supposed to keep visiting him each week to give us some practice. I know that the Lord will help us as we continue to teach him! And this past saturday, we taught some other pretend investigators the first lesson about the restoration of Christ's gospel and it started off pretty BAD. For a couple seconds, I couldn't even remember what I was teaching! But I said a silent prayer, and as the lesson continued, and we taught about how God calls prophets again today because he loves his children, the Spirit became so powerful and the Spanish words began to flow out of my mouth! We taught the whole lesson in Spanish except like 4 sentences, and I can testify w/o a doubt that that was a miracle! The Lord truly blessed my companion and I!
 
im outta time bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment