Bienvenido!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

20 años?? Què LOCO!!!!

Mi hermosa familia:)

Welp, I don't have much time to write today. But thanks to all those who wished me a happy birthday! And thanks to all those who thought about wishing me a happy birthday, but didn't actually do it, haha. Honestly, I'm not quite comprehending that I'm turning 20 tomorrow. And I'm not all that excited either. I'm more excited to celebrate Peruvian Independence Day tomorrow!!! 3 of the 4 missionaries who live in my apartment are Peruvian (1 of them being me). The other missionary is Chileno, and he sings really good! He was recording music before the misson. We both think that it's really refreshing to finally have someone to sing with who sings good, because that's a rare thing in the mission. We're planning on singing together in a baptism. Also, I've officially completed more than 6 months of the mission! NUTS! All I have left is a sister missionary mission. Time is flying!

This transfer is already ending, and I'm pretty sure that my companion will be getting transferred, cuz he's been in this ward for 7.5 months. Elder Silva is a good guy, and I know it sounds bad, but I'm kinda glad he's getting transferred. This transfer I felt more like the senior companion, even though he has 11 months in the mission. He wasn't very obedient. He's had a lot of companions who were very disobedient (almost all of them), and they had a bad effect on him. But I must congratulate him on his progress, because he has grown a lot and is much more obedient now. I'm glad that I was able to be an example for him and help him learn habits that will help him the rest of his mission. I have a testimony that when we are obedient to the will of the Lord, the Lord blesses us greatly. He can entrust his missionaries with teaching his children the gospel when we are worthy of his trust. I hope Elder Silva keeps being obedient for the rest of his mission. That is the only way to be truly happy as a missionary. And I want him to be happy.

Welp family, I don't have any more time to write! I love all of you, and I want all of you to be happy as well!

-Elder Bogdan

{written July 27, 2011}

No comments:

Post a Comment