Bienvenido!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Que tal mis chinos?

Hola mi familia? Como les va? (is that right?)
 
I'm leaving for Colombia in exactly a week from today! Bien chevere, no? Haha, I've already learned a lot of Spanish slang phrases from some of the Colombian teachers here at the MTC. Well, I won't be writing next Tuesday since I'll be flying, but I'm allowed to call family that day! So next Tuesday, march 22nd, if you get a phone call from a random number, most likely between 1:30pm and 3:30pm Texas time, it's probably me! Everybody remind me of their phone numbers! I know mom's ends in 21 and Lisette's ends in 17, but I always get all the other numbers mixed up.
 
So my spiritual message this week is about prayer. Prayer is what allows us to develop a near and dear relationship with God, and it is so important in finding out that the Church of Jesus Christ is true. I learned that when we are teaching the Gospel to someone, the biggest step towards baptism that the person will make is when they begin to pray on their own. For someone to grow to know that the Book of Mormon is true, they must read AND pray. Just reading is not enough. As we pray, we get to know God better, and then we learn to trust Him more. Because prayer is so important, it makes sense that the devil will try his hardest to get people from having meaningful prayers. He doesn't want ppl expressing their feelings and concerns to God, he doesn't want people repenting, he doesn't want us receiving revelation, and he doesn't want us receiving comfort either. He wants us to be miserable like he is. So don't let Satan keep you from praying!
 
Bye! I love you all more than you know! Well maybe you do know.. bye!

-Elder Bogdan
 
P.S. I got the address for my mission office in Colombia, where people can send letters or packages.  Here's the mission office address:
 
Colombia Bogota Norte Mision Office
Calle 72 #10-07, Oficina 1001
Edificio Liberty Seguros
Bogota, Cundinamarca
COLOMBIA
 
Mail is hard to get and DearElder.com letters will also take a while to arrive, but that's the address nonetheless. Packages that are sent from the USA are expensive and additional customs charges will be forwarded to my missionary account. If someone wants to mail me a package, try to keep the weight below 4 lbs. and I will not receive extra charges. You can mail through the USPS or UPS. Heavier packages should be sent through DHL, but I will still receive a customs charge that is taken out of my monthly allowance.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment