Bienvenido!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

¡Que hace el pez todos los dias? Nada!

Querido Familia:

Whew, this week has been draining, but very cool as well! Every night I get into my bed and fall asleep within probably 45 seconds. And we don't get P-Day this week either, so it's been pretty draining. We don't have P-Day cuz we had a conference for the entire mission on Wednesday instead, which was really cool! I got to see 4 of my friends from the MTC who came to Bogota at the same time as me, and I got to see my previous companion Elder Velasquez, and I got to make a lot of new friends with Latino missionaries. It's so amazing that I am actually able to be good friends with people who don't speak my native language. I love being able to speak Spanish and connect with these amazing people and the amazing Latin culture. So I guess it's all good that we don't have P-Day this week... I guess.... haha. So the conference lasted 2 days, and we had to travel quite a distance each day to get to the conference. Originally the conference was scheduled because Elder Richard G. Scott was gonna come visit the mission. I was so excited to see an apostle! But for some unknown reason, Elder Scott had to cancel and instead Elder Walter F. Gonzalez, of the Presidency of the Seventy, came to talk to us. Poor Elder Gonzalez, I'm sure he knew that we all would've preferred to see Elder Scott. Some people during the talk starting ''booing'' too. Haha nah just kidding! Elder Gonzalez was really cool and gave a lot of helpful advice to us, and I believe he gave a talk in this past General Conference, but I'm not sure. I don't know, all these latinos look the same... hahaha jk! But in cereal, one thing he talked about was the power in teaching about the Savior with the people that we teach. Everybody is born with the light of Christ in them, which helps them recognize the good from the evil. Because everyone has the light of Christ, when we talk about Christ, people naturally feel the Spirit and grow to recognize that Jesus Christ is the source of all that is good. Jesus really is the source of all that is good in my life. President Hinckley said, ''Jesus Christ is my best friend.'' Jesus Christ is my best friend too:) I hope that I can continue to develop my relationship with him. Elder Gonzalez also invited us to focus more of our attention in teaching the less actives. Why? Because President Monson gave a talk about rescuing the members who have fallen from the path and stopped being active in the Church. Everyone needs the gospel in their lives, and the gospel is intended for all of God's children. Elder Gonzalez invited us to teach the people who are inactive in the Church and told us that whenever we obey the prophet of God, blessings come. If we focus more on the inactives, we will find more people to teach and bless, and we will be blessed with more happiness. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God, that he receives divine revelation, and is called to lead the Church of Jesus Christ, under the direction of none other than Jesus Christ. Freak, well, I don't have any more time to write today:( I might be able to come back and finish the rest of my hour another day. Take care my wonderful family!

I love you all!
Elder Bogdan

P.S.- I don't talk about all these spiritual things so that yall can forget them. Remember them and apply them in your lives! Talk with your friends about Jesus Christ, and remember those whose faith in God has grown weak. Through the teachings of Jesus Christ everyone can have everlasting happiness and peace. It is the one remedy for everyone and the one cure for everything. Trust me. And trust in Heavenly Father! ¡Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment